Friday, December 4, 2009
As usual, Gray is learning more and more everyday. The latest surprising thing happened last night. We were all playing upstairs after dinner and Grayson was running around as usual. All of a sudden he dropped his toy and ran into the bathroom. He sat down on his training toilet and started grunting. After a bit of "work" was done he got up and continued to play. Gray likes to put things in his potty and use it as a chair but we have never actually seen him go over to it and poop while sitting on top of it. (Well, the lid was up but diaper and pants were still on.) Couldn't believe that he took a poop ON the potty last night!!! Let's hope that it wasn't just a fluke and that he might be starting to understand how things down there work. Although... I wasn't planning on starting that journey for almost another year him.
If you have seen Gray eatting lately, you would realize that everything is better when you can dip it. (I remember this stage when one of my neices was into dipping too.) Even if he claims that he doesn't want anything more to eat, if you tell him to "dip it" he will do so and follow it up with the smallest of bites to test out the dipping success. I didn't realize that he understood that phrase until last night when I asked him if he wanted to dip his nugget and he tried it out by dipping it in his rice. Too funny. Don't worry though, I saved the kid and gave him a small dollop of ketchup which he proceeded to dip into and continue eatting.
Other than that, things are gearing up for the holiday season around our house. We plan to pick up the Christmas tree this weekend! Lights are all up. Some decorations (Grayson-proofed ones) are out as well. I have completed 90% of the shopping as well thanks to Black Friday! Once we get the tree up then I can wrap things and it will really seem like Christmas is around the corner. The only thing I am really dreading is baking cookies for all of Eric's top clients. Planning on doing that next weekend... ugh.
Sorry that I don't have any fun pics to post. I will try to take some this weekend while we are down in Portland or cutting our tree on Sunday. :)
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
- Two days ago we had to have our brand new vehicle TOWED back to the dealership because it pretty much imploded. Let's just say that the dashboard looked like a Christmas Tree because there were so many lights on in there. Luckily it is completely covered and we didn't pay a cent. Got to pick it up yesterday and it is running just fine now.
- Then yesterday I had a piece of sticky honey candy at the staff meeting and it took off half of one of my molars. Now I am off to the dentist today to see what they can do for me. That'll teach me for craving sweets. I should just stick to chocolate!
Other than that, Eric is getting prepared to go hunting tomorrow and I am frantically grading before progress reports go out tomorrow.
The trip up to Kelowna went well last weekend. It was a LONG time in the car (6.5 hours each way) but it was well worth it. Great to remember loved ones with family members all around. The thing that made the trip a lot more bearable was definitely the DVD screens in the car. No one else wanted to drive because who wouldn't rather watch a movie? Oh well.
Can't wait for Monday when we find out if it is going to be a little sister or little brother for Gray. We are soooo close. Makes me nervous though because after we really need to start going with planning for this little one...
Monday, October 5, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Over the past summer Eric and I traveled down to Jamaica for a destination wedding. About halfway through the trip I took a pregnancy test and we found out that Grayson is going to be a big brother! (Actually we took 2 just to be sure. Probably would have taken more but 2 was all I had packed!) Needless to say, the rum punch and late nights took a backseat pretty quickly. We tried to keep it underwraps and I ended up drinking virgin rum punch (aka punch) for the rest of the trip to keep up the facade of my old ways.
That was a while back and now I am already 4 months along and GROWING. My body is starting to carry this baby the same way as it did with Gray... out in front and huge. In only 2 weeks we get to find out if it is a boy or girl. We are truly just hoping for healthy. I definitely have a soft spot in my heart for a boy though and would love to see another baby wear some of those little outfits that I just packed up in storage bins in the garage today. We will see.
Other things coming up soon:
- Gray gets to go to the pumpkin patch on Monday
- Eric's 30th Birthday!! - Thursday, October 8th! YAY!
- Road trip to Kelowna - My Uncle Brad passed away on October 1st after a very long fight with Parkinsons. His service is the 10th but Gray and I are planning on carpooling up on Friday the 9th. It will be nice to see family. Unfortunate that we are getting together under the circumstances though.
- Eric's hunting trip - Let's hope that he can actually "catch" something this year... besides shooting a dart at an unlucky squirrel.
- Halloween - Gray is going to be a dragon. What should his parents be? Hmmmm
- My mom's 60th Birthday!!! Woah! :) - November 1st.
That is about all for now. Maybe I will take some new pics today so that I can upload them.